Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to all who replied to my question about getting the brakes to bleed; looks like there was some gunk blocking the fluid from getting thru to the bleed screws. All is well now, flushed them out good and now have firm pedal!! I am putting a 350 back in were the 307 was, complete with an Edelbrock Performer manifold and a Q-jet carb. My problem is I don't have a choke stove anymore, and even if I did, I don't think the stock one would fit this mainfold. Does anyone know of an electric choke kit for a Q-jet?? Where can I get one?? I'll be running headers, so I don't think the stove will work anyway, but Edelbrock has a kit for their manifolds; has anyone tried one of these? Again, I would like to run an Electric choke if I can. Also, some people say to run with choke wide-open all the time; I have seen this done on Holleys, but can it be done with a Q-jet?? Sorry, but I am not real familiar with Q-jets, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

------------------
Bill C.
'71 SS (now with 468BBC)
ACES #2780
Colo Spgs, CO

·
Registered
97 Posts
i added an electric choke cover to my 78 trans am with a q jet. simply bought one for a mid 80's gm 3.8 carb engine such as a cutlass supreme. had to run a hot power wire to it from an ignition source, works great.

the only thing you need to realize about an electric choke is that if you don't run the power wire through through a seperate cicuit that's only powered up once oil pressure builds, you could open the choke within a matter of seconds by turning the key to on, but before cranking. you don't really want choke power until the engine actually starts. its no problem unless you have a long turn over period before the engine catches or if you have a habit of turning the key on and waiting several seconds before starting.

you might have to fiddle with the adj of the coil cover to get the right mix, but it will work. expect to pay about $35+ for a gm electric coil cover.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.