Team Chevelle banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have put a 350 TPI/700R4 into my '66 Malibu. I have been told to use GM brake switch # 25524845 so the torque converter will lock/unlock properly when the brakes are applied and released. I have been able to find nowhere where each of the 4 terminals should be wired. I know 2 are for the torque converter lockup and 2 are for the brake lights but no one has been able to tell me which is which. Can someone please tell me how to wire each of the 4 terminals on this switch? My car is real close to going back on the road after 5 1/2 years off the road and this is one of the last stumbling blocks.
Thanks!!

·
In Memoriam
66 El Camino 57 Chevy pickup 2004 Tahoe
29,419 Posts
the spade terminals are side by side for each switch. (there's two independent switches in the brake light switch assembly.) I don't remember which is which but you can find out easily.

Use a voltmeter set on Ohms or continuity. the brake light switch terminals will be open with the brake pedal up, closed with the brake pedal pushed, powering the brake lights.

The other set of terminals are opposite, when the pedal is up the there is continuity between the terminals, push on the pedal and the connection goes away. This opens the circuit to the converter clutch.

I'd just hook up the brake light connector to the terminals closest to the pedal, see if the brake lights work. If they do you're set. Hook up the TCC to the other set of terminals.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts