Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to find info on a security device that's suppose to lock your wheels, so the crooks can't push or drive it away without difficulty.

Works like this, I believe:
With engine running
Press brake pedal down
Turn off ignition
Release brake pedal

All I can find is info on a line brake, for guys at the strip.
Any ideas if this exists, and maybe where I can find it???

Thanks,
Jack

·
Registered
423 Posts
Try looking in a "Summit" catalog. I think that what you are looking for is listed there.

------------------
Wes. Vann
Technical Reference & Wagons sections
Gold Member #5

·
Registered
167 Posts
Did you originally get the idea for this from a magazine or something printed, or did you see/hear about this on an actual car??? Sounds to me like you could accomplish something similar with a typical line-loc and hidden or keyed control switch. Neat idea, never thought of a line-loc as a theft deterent device, but it sure would add to the difficulty of stealing a car.

·
Administrator
16,194 Posts
I have seen this too, works like a line lock with a key control. The trouble is by just reaching under the car and cutting the rubber brake lines you have defeated the system.

------------------
Philip Valentine
Lakeside, AZ
Team Chevelle Member #42 GOLD
[email protected]

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I heard it from a fellow Chevelle guy that frequents this site. I think he said he read it here some time ago??
Who knows, it may start someone thinking on this line and figure out something we all could use?

I guess trying to secure your vechicle is like trying to change the odds more to your favor vs the bad guys.
The more deterents you have; maybe???

Bad guys want a quick and easy strike.
In and out fast..........
Jack

·
Registered
826 Posts
Here's the "fellow Chevelle guy who frequents this site." I read about this in yet another post when I was doing a search on theft-deterrent devices. I don't remember who mentioned it, but they were a credible source with many other anti-theft ideas. I do remember that he said it was advertised or offered in street rod mags, so my suggestion would be to get Rod & Custom and check their list of advertisers. If you contact SEMA, would they know how to access this sort of information? Somebody here has the goods ont this little doohickey.

------------------
Tom H.
Member #259
Indianapolis,IN www.iquest.net/~bharold/chevelle/

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.