Team Chevelle banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stripped the car of all brake lines and am starting from scratch knowing how kobbled together it was before. This is a 72’ velle hard top, but the frame is boxed so I am looking for the convertible set. I am going to a 4-wheel power disc set-up from a 4 wheel power drum set-up and am confused:

1- What is the difference between the power disc set-up for four wheel vs. two wheel disc brakes and what is different on the brake line kits from manual to power? Is it the proportioning valve for the 2-4 wheel disc or power swap?

2-All I really need is the front stainless steel line kit from the proportioning block to the front brake hoses, the stainless steel line that runs from the proportioning block back to the rear axle hose, and the proportioning valve for power four wheel discs if it is different than power four wheel drums. It would be nice to mount that prop valve off of the master as well though (Mine was on the frame originally). Where is the cheapest place to find this?
Anyother parts would basically be a bonus and I figured with the discs in the rears I would have to slightly modify and rear axle lines I would get anyways. This is not a 100% restoration and does not have to look original, but I am trying to make this right and avoid a headache like last time, yet not about to buy a $250 kit that I have to bend and modify to fit/ not use half the parts.
Thanks

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Very few restoration parts of this nature don't have to be massaged to work.
Check out the steel and stainless offerings from Ground Up for an idea of what's available. www.ss396.com

·
Premium Member
5,311 Posts
I bought every brake line on the vehicle from Ground Up for the front disc conversion on my 66, with plain old steel lines. So far, I have installed the front to rear line and the two rear axle lines and flex hose.

Seems to fit well so far. I would recommend going that way. It beats me climbing under there measuring and trying to bend lines. Been there, done that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts