Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put this topic in Brakes, but nobody answered so here's my question: converting from drum to disc on a 67 chevelle I have installed the new booster from a 71 but the rod gets depressed about a half inch from the brake pedal. Should I shorten and rethread the shaft to fit the original brake pedal position or will this not cause a problem? Also has anyone used the 71 brake lines from aftermarket providers for this typw swap? Did you still have to bend the lines to fit properly? Thanks

·
Gold Founding Member
462 Posts
I replaced mine from a 70 to a 67 . I wonder if the 70 and 71 are the same because i had to weld a nut on the clevis to make it just a tad longer to hit the stoplite switch. It works fine and i had no other problems. I made my own lines .

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
I am not sure what the exact difficulty is. If it is the pedal not hitting the brake light switch, then you need the stamped part the makes up the distance between the pedal and the switch on power brake cars. The non power cars have the pedal hitting the switch. with power brakes the pedal is positioned a lot lower than with the non power brakes, so there is that stamped spacer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.