Team Chevelle banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can I use braided lines instead of rigid tubing for my trans? I've got a '70 454 with a TH400 and I'm installing a trans cooler. It's easier to run braided lines but i don't think they will be strong enough.

Has anyone done this?

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
you can even use rubber hose, just make sure it's capable of holding hydrolic pressure. and just clamp it to the fittings. seen it done many times, only way i'd do it, those hard lines are a pain to deal with.

------------------
1970 SS396 AKA 454/4spd
My Chev-Hell Page
GOLD Member #783
Ft.Worth, Tx
(OO=ss=OO)

·
Registered
10,441 Posts
Weatherhead makes a hose capable of withstanding the pressure of a transmission line. You could also use aeroquip pushlock hose, and corresponding fittings.

Steve

·
Registered
44 Posts
If U do go with the braided lines make sure they have a teflon liner!! I have a ATI Torq. converter ($600++) and in the directions they said "DO NOT USED BRAIDED TRANS COOLER LINES W/O A TEFLON LINER" (or somthing to that afffect) in CAPS and underlined it......I got mine lines from earls, they were harder to get the ends on and were very $$$ but I have not had any problems with them leaking...(been done for about 1year)

·
Premium Member
2,476 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
I don’t see how trany fluid would effect the rubber. My trany cooler came with rubber lines to hook it up. Most auto parts stores have rubber hose specifically for transmission line repair. I have had the braded for about 4 years.

·
Registered
423 Posts
JoenAnne;

If you go to the "technical reference" section of this site, you can see how I did the plumbing for my car. It takes a fair amount of time to download due to the pictures.

------------------
Wes. Vann
Technical Reference section
Gold Member #5

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.