Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Iam planning on swapping a 454 in place of a 350 in a 70 chevelle. The car will have a/c ps and pb. I would like the enging bay to look stock or oiginal. So theres the question... is any of the brackets and pulleys still available from GM? Ive lost my part numbers to the brackets and such and the local part guy at the dealer is too lazy to look them up and see if they are still available

Or is there any other vechiles that use the same type of set up that the chevelle used...Ive heard that a 76 chevy truck used the same type of set up is this true? And what about the brackets and pulleys that the restrotion catalogs sell are those repo brackets and pulleys junk?

Thanks for any help its much appreciated and happy hoildays...Eric

[This message has been edited by sevt_chevelle (edited 12-24-2001).]

G

·
It's true, it's true! We just bought all the A/C brackets for a 71 from the GM store. We have a parts guy at the local GM store who is not lazy. I think you are right aboyt the tucks, goes to 78. We found all the alt. stuff, pulleys and A/C bracket new. Power steering will be a used deal from EBay.

------------------
www.muncie4speed.com
Gold 67
There is nothing like rowing through the gears at 7500. Stick cars are so much fun they should be a controlled substance!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Hey I'm doing the same swap myself.. well a 402 then a 454 but from a 350 in a 70. The brackets and pullies I have are from about a 76 chevy pickup.. they are proper but I dont know if they are the exact same as the ones that came from 70.

On a side note: what headers are you planning to use? My dad posted about Headman Headers ceramic coated and if they will fit with the column shift still hooked up, Summit said that they wouldnt fit.. Just wondering

------------------
*Chris Mellow
*1970 Chevelle Malibu 355/TH350 Pearl Blue, Chrome Ralleys
*We must never forget those who gave their all, God Bless America

·
Registered
4,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not sure if Iam going to install headers just might use original manifolds but if I was going to a header I would use hooker headers. Ive just had have better luck with hooker products in past.

Do you guys happpen to still have those part numbers for brackets and pulleys you used?

Thanks Wally and Chris for the help and have a happy holiday...Eric

[This message has been edited by sevt_chevelle (edited 12-25-2001).]

G

·
I'm using stock cast iron exhaust manifolds, got a new set. Headers suck on a driver with A/C IMO.

I'll look for the ticket, it has all the numbers.

------------------
www.muncie4speed.com
Gold 67
1967 Malibu, 2nd owner.
1971 Malibu, been in the family since new.
There is nothing like rowing through the gears at 7500. Stick cars are so much fun they should be a controlled substance!

·
Registered
173 Posts
I'm going with a march serpentine set up. I have brackets available if you still need them. I'm not sure what they are worth, find out and I will give them to you for half the price.....bk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.