Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read several messages regarding brackets and big block conversions. I'm still not clear on it. What brackets and pulleys can be used from the small block if any at all. This car will have a long water pump, power steering, NO A/C.

·
Registered
777 Posts
BillB,
I am just finishing a small-to-big block conversion in my '71 SS and it really was not too bad. The brackets that must be changed are the alt.(assuming it is mounted high on the front-passenger side of the motor as mine is) and the power steering pump. I bought new chrome alt. brackets for cheap and ordered the power steering pump brackets for GM(they still had some warehoused somewhere). I re-used the small-block power steering pump, but you could also try and get a big-block pump which would then take a different set of brackets. Regarding pulleys, I left the stock pulleys on the power steering pump and the alternator but bought new chrome crank and water pump pulleys. Hopefully this weekend I will find my electrical problem and get this beast fired up. Then I can really tell you if there are any more hidden problems.

feel free to e-mail me if you have any other questions.

Bill C.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.