Chevelles.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all, i have a 65 el camino and it sits on a boxed in frame like what you would find on a convertible chevelle. the problem im trying to figure out it what kind of cross member it would use. if by chance any of you have a picture of their transmission cross member and would not mind posting it, i would greatly appreciate it. it appears to be smaller than a regular el camino/chevelle crossmember.

·
Premium Member
13,564 Posts
AFAIK, the Convertible and El Camino, having boxed frames, used the same crossmember. You probably should post in the Classifieds to see if anyone here has one they'll part with, good luck!!

·
Super Moderator
15,883 Posts
As already stated, it is the same as the convertible frame used. The crossmember was the same regardless of the transmission installed. It looks pretty much the same as the crossmember used on open channel frames, it is just not as wide.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,928 Posts
hello all, i have a 65 el camino and it sits on a boxed in frame like what you would find on a convertible chevelle. the problem im trying to figure out it what kind of cross member it would use. if by chance any of you have a picture of their transmission cross member and would not mind posting it, i would greatly appreciate it. it appears to be smaller than a regular el camino/chevelle crossmember.
Here you go:

Attachments

·
Registered
14,548 Posts
I have a chromed one sitting in the yard if you need pics. jim

·
Super Moderator
15,883 Posts
thank you all for the help, i really do appreciate it. by chance does anyone have one they would sell?
You might want to use the free classifieds section to look for one. If none are out there, you can post a WANT TO BUY ad.

·
Registered
14,548 Posts
where are you located? jim

·
Registered
14,548 Posts
ended up finding a 66 el camino frame, might turn it into a roller and add my front clip to it if I can get the frame cheap enough. jim

1 - 10 of 10 Posts