Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone recommend a video bore scope that I can put into a spark plug hole and see the piston, etc. and also see the combustion chamber of the head?

·
Registered
205 Posts
I bought 1 at Harbor Freight for 69 bucks that works real well, they have 2 different models with 2 different diameter heads, mine is the smaller diameter, about .250, easily fits in a spark plug hole.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
I wanted one for the same purpose. I just googled borescope and bought a cheap one for an Android phone. Being a halfwit I couldn't think of a way to get the app from the disk to the phone so I searched and found an app. It also works from a PC. It says dbpower on it and works fine.

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wanted one for the same purpose. I just googled borescope and bought a cheap one for an Android phone. Being a halfwit I couldn't think of a way to get the app from the disk to the phone so I searched and found an app. It also works from a PC. It says dbpower on it and works fine.
So you can see the cylinder walls, top of the piston clearly? Then can you see the valves and the combustion chamber?

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
The one I have came with a slip-on mirror that allows you to look to the side. So you could see pretty much in any direction depending on adding the mirror or not.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts