Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The site of the Sat. Night Deer Park,TX cruise, has been changed. It got too big for Albertsons, and nasty Pasadena policemen ran us off.
It will be approx. 1/2 mile West on Spencer, at the Wingers Drive Inn/Kroger complex on the North side of Spencer. It's a BIG well lighted parking lot, that SHOULD be good for 2 or 3 times the cars.

Hope to see some Houston area guys there next Saturday!!!!!

Dave H.
Houston, TX

·
Registered
738 Posts
Dave, I wish you guys were a little closer to me...I am near Cypress (northwest Houston) and would love to attend the show sometime. Maybe when it cools down later in the year, I will make the trip. I have gone to a couple of 'Street Meets' off of Kuykendahl near FM 1960 but I have to tell ya', it isn't much fun sweating on the way there, while there and on the way home. This heat is a killer!

------------------
'70 Malibu - 383 'Fog Fed' Stroker! Gold Member #39
Chevellz Alwayz!

·
Registered
283 Posts
I'am 4.5 hrs. away but want to run the houston strip. Will make a long weekend of it but not until it cools down some. Man it's HOT.
Harley

·
Registered
79 Posts
Only a **** store like Albertson's could drive out a cruise-in (and a customer draw).

Its a pity such a ***** store has the best selection and price. Ugh.

[Note: This message has been edited by Bob Tiley]

·
Boldly procrastrinating
66 El Camino 57 Chevy pickup 2004 Tahoe
29,058 Posts
Wes, I realize that Albertsons is not exactly a Chevelle parts vendor that would fit under the "no vendor bashing" rule, but in the spirit of that rule I'm asking you to edit your post to remove that obviously offensive reference to a certain German polical party.
The reason for the vendor-bashing rule was to protect Al from expensive lawsuits, even though Albies is not a auto parts vendor I'm sure they have access to competent lawyers who would be only too willing to aggressively protect their client in a situation like this.

Just so everything's out in the open, be aware that I'll be posting a short note about this on the moderators section now.

Sorry to be pushy, but I like Chevelles.com too much to lose it over some pointless baloney like that.

Tom

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Now Now. While the Pasadena Police appear somewhat , uh, related to some guys that used to say "Zieg Heil"...the Albertsons management was out earlier trying to find middle ground with car people. They WILL miss the business, as will the Wendys, and a few other shops.Their lot just wasn't big enough, we're seeing more cars each week! AND the Albertsons nearby my home is STILL the Friday night spot for folks that don't want the hassle of driving to League City.

Corner of Sam Houston Pkwy./Beltway 8 & Sabo Road (first road west of I-45 South on 8 west)

Look forward to meeting Wes Colby & Harley!!

Dave H.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.