Chevelles.com banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got an "assembly" manual with my '67. It's pages upon pages of narly photocopies of assemblies with little or no detail. Are there real shop manuals available for '67?

------------------

·
Registered
2,938 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Service manual has much of the info. not included in the Factory Assembly Manual. Check with Dan at www.factoryautomanuals.com/index.htm for a '67 reprint. I have one and the quality is excellent.

Factory Assembly Manual was a Chevrolet Engineering Document which told the car assembly plant how to put the car together. Since the car assembly plant received many major components (like engines, axles, steering gears, transmissions, etc.) fully assembled, the plant had no need for details on how these components went together. If there was a problem, the assembly plant just pulled the entire assembly and replaced it.

An artifact of this is that many of the part numbers shown in the Assembly Manual were never available as service parts. One of the Chevelle guides contains several errors along this line. '69 Master cylinder part numbers shown are actually for the master cylinder & booster assembly as received at the assembly plant.

------------------
Fred Aldrich
Web Site: www.GeoCities.com/~69_chevelle

[This message has been edited by Fred Aldrich (edited 05-13-99).]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.