Team Chevelle banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if anyone has the book 50 Years of Super Sport, the car pictured on the book cover is actually my car. There are several pictures in book of our car also Interior , engine & a shot of the car going down the road with me driving.
We were in CA for holidays & at a weekly car show when these 2 guys came around looking at cars, they were very interested in mine. The one guy David I think told us they were compiling a book to celebrate the 50 yrs of Chevy SS cars. We agreed to meet next day for photoshoot, it turned out to be across from Dream Works in LA. I was leery of their story but we had nothing to do so we met up, I got a call from David saying they had decided to use our for the cover photo, it took a few years before the book was actually published but eventually it was published. I was supposed to get a some of the pictures he took but never happened.
If you are convinced I'm making this up( lying), that is your right but it's really true.
lorne

When the flag drops the bullsh1t stops!

·
Premium Member
8,704 Posts
So are you asking what is the book worth or what is the Chevelle worth ? If you're just relating the story about this then it should get moved to the Bench forum.

Reactions: davewho1

·
Premium Member
13,806 Posts
I have a book about the SS cars, don't know if it's this one!

·
Premium Member
1970 Chevelle SS454
1,654 Posts
Amazon has the book for $65 new or about $25 to $35 for a used edition.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts