Team Chevelle banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a guy ask me if I knew of anybody that made a 4 point bolt in Roll Bar for a 68 chevelle. I know they used to make these, but I have not seen any for a while. He has a new interior, so he said he did not want to do any welding or remove the interior. I think he wants it more for looks than anything. Anybody know who still makes these?

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
I got my 8pt from Comp Engineering/ Moroso. It came with four mounting plates 6" square. Your buddy could weld his goalpost to the plates and supports to the plates, then bolt them to the floor. I welded everything in place, cause I kinda want it to work when I need it.

However, my suggestion would work for his bolt-in requirements. Go to Jegs.com they have a great variety of roll-bar kits for low bucks.

John

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That would work, but the one he is talking about has the main hoop that bolts in behind the front seats, and has two other bars that bolt to the top of the hoop and then bolt to the rear inner wheelwell. I have never put this kind of roll bar in a car before, but I have seen them installed in a few cars.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.