Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi again, just wanna ask another question you all rpolly know the answer too.
What is the best way of getting the body off the frame w/o taking out the engine/trans?

------------------

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Wow! I can hardly imagine not taking out the motor/trans to pull off the body. It made it easier, for me anyway. And its so easy, cuz with the front fenders off, its a five minute job to yank it out. I'm in the middle of this myself. I just got the disc conversion on, and am putting on new stainless fuel and brake lines.

Can I ask why you want to leave it in while you pop the body?

·
Registered
9 Posts
If you pull the chassis from front to rear, it wouldn't make a difference if the motor is in or not. I did that last year. Try to find four space saver tires to reduce the jacking height. If I can recall correctly we used four drums and 4x4 10 feet long and picked the body at the rear wheel quarters and front body mounts. Had to lift the body 28" to clear the rear frame. Good luck....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, the reason we are leaving the engine and trans in is because we had the darned thing running over last summer after it sat for 12 years.
the thing started right up (after we disconnected the gas tank and hooked it up to a weedwaker gas tank filled with 15 mins worth of leaded fuel)
then it ran out of gas, and we have not been able to get it to crank ever since, so we are going to continue to try to start it after we've taken off the body.

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
Tom's recommendation about the wheels is a good one, if you cannot find the temp spares, use bare wheels with no tires.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.