Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,305 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,305 Posts
All you can tell from the trim tag is that it was built in Framingham, Ma, it is a Malibu Sport Coupe, black bench front seat, Olympic Gold with a black vinyl top, and built in 2nd week in November. You can't tell on a 69 if it is a true SS, if that it what you're asking. I'm sure that someone will correct me if I'm wrong. :)

The chevellestuff.net, that I linked to above, has a lot of information about Chevelle's and their configurations.

·
Premium Member
1,291 Posts
chevelle was listed on ebay 121916 from what I have in my list, the buy it now price was 11K (sold), a bit high in my opinion but good job for the seller. I doubt it was an original SS due to the non-power brake master cylinder. Could it have been changed yes but unlikely. Also looks like it has the non-SS steering coupler/rag joint. is definitely a car that would need an in person inspection. take care, Andy

·
Premium Member
1,291 Posts
there are many factors that come into play with determining price. Location, condition of the car, condition of the body, floors, does it run and drive, has it been butchered-wiring, panel replacement, etc. A truly solid body can save you alot of money in the long run because these cars are like onions when rust is found, you remove one layer and find another that needs attention and so on. It is sometimes wise to buy the best body you can to begin with to lower the hours of work to get it going even if the price is a little high. Experience level can also matter to a buyer, if there is alot of work needed- do they have the understanding, skill and facilities to do it or will they have to take it to a shop-added cost for labor/storage. bottom line is the buyer is going to want it for the least amount and every seller wants to sell it for the most they can get-although some sellers live in a fantasy land with their pricing, hopefully with some knowledge and negotiation a buyer and seller can determine a price that makes both happy. If you do some searches in the what its worth forums you may find several different takes on value of an SS and non-SS car. good luck and Merry Christmas.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts