Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day everyone hope all is well with ya
When i had the 66 in the body shop in 1999 i had them put new rubber body mounts in thease were the ones at the bulk head.This was the last thing they did in a hurry as the tow truck was waiting to bring it home so not realy sure how tight they torque them to or if we need them torque.Did not ask had a little squabel with them wonted to ge the car the &*^% out of there.Have been chaseing some creaking noises in the front end maybe the body is shifting a little and this is the source of my noises.Went around tighten all bolts i could find but there still is a little noise.Check front end all is tight ony thing i found was a loose lower ball joint nut.If those mounts are loose could this cause a problim
sorry for the long post.Thankssss guys.

------------------
http:/hometown.aol.com/ddppell/myhomepage/profile.html
Don Pell 66 396 Beaumont.
Once bitten twice shy.
Don Pell 66 396Beaumont.
Once bitten twice shy

·
Registered
296 Posts
The specs for the body mounts bolts on a 66 are 30-45 ft lbs.

There is assembly manual available from Ground Up and a CD from the TC store.

You should get a copy if you are doing a major rebuild.

The only thing I could think of more difficult than assembling a Chevelle without the manual is putting together my Bar B Q without reading the instructions.

------------------
Larry
TC # 1000
66 Malibu - under transformation
Off the Frame
Back on the Frame

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
I agree with Larry. I purchased the service manual for my '68 a couple of weeks ago and it has come very handy so far.

For '68 models here are some numbers:
Radiator support to frame: 35 ft. lbs.
Rest of body mounts: 40 ft. lbs.

They might be the same with a '66 but someone with a '66 service manual might want to verify.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.