Team Chevelle banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to put the body back on my '71. I got a set of rubber bushings and I don't know where some of them go. I have searched and have the assembly manual .

I know the ones with no bolts go by the door and above the rear spring. The kit came w/ 8 big and 4 small bushings (diameter wise.)

The left is a little taller and skinny x4, the middle is wider x8.

Any ideas which way they go?

·
Registered
603 Posts
I've got the same set as well, didn't come with any instructions either. I've only been replacing them as I have gone along with Sheet Metal replacement and I started in the rear of the car , 68 Vert. The two I took out in the back of the car, # 7 for me, are two of the smaller diameter. I was stumped though on how the bottom cap goes on. Looking at your first drawing the # 2 Bushing kinda looks like they have the cap calapsing with the washer side down touching the bolt head. Is that how you are reading it ?.
How is your Swap coming BTW ? I've got one planned as well. The only thing I've done so far is to get the 96 Impala tank installed. I won't have an LSX till fall of this year. I'm going to finishup all the sheet metal replacement, epoxy prime, put it back together and drive it around this summer. I'll get back to it by next Thanksgiving is my plan.

Tony

·
Premium Member
656 Posts
just put mine in today. small ones go in core support and rear #7. the ones with no bolts go in #3 & #5. and the big ones go in #2 #4 #6. torque to 35 ft.pounds.dont forget the alighnment holes in the front and rear on the drivers side of frame you use a steel rod ( dont have the correct deminsion with me) through the frame to body to lighn up works slick was right on one is next to #2 & #7. good luck aint to hard hope this helps !

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the help all.

tmcmillan5 - The rubber part on the bottom of the bushing goes under the frame rail w/ tha larger part on top. The washer is built into the cap on these I think.

Swap is comming along. Should get the body on tonight or tomorrow. I will have some body work to do after it's running. I did the swap first and body work second.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts