Team Chevelle banner

Bob West & others

2K views 20 replies 11 participants last post by  aukai 
#1 ·
Will a 10.5 29 slick fit my 70 wheel well on a 10" rim 5.5 BS

#2 ·
It should fit fine. I trimmed the lip on my car and folded the chrome trim under to make sure. I can run my fingers between the lip and the tire and they dont touch. I also use radial slicks 30x10.5x15 that dont grow but I dont have any issues front to back, just the lip will be close.

#3 · (Edited)
Thanks Bob for the quick response. I'm looking to get new tires for Sat if possible. Hope your project is almost done can't wait to hear your back at the track.:thumbsup:

#5 ·
Thanks Mike I have 11.5-28 ET streets now and had to roll the lips. I need to kill some of my torque multiplication 11.61 with a manual trans.

#9 ·
Well no one in Hawaii carries the tire in stock so tomorrow will be a scramble to figure something out. Thanks for the replies. Aloha Mike

#11 ·
Yeeeee Haaaaa!!!:thumbsup::hurray::hurray::beers:

#17 ·
Well I'll be using a used set of 11x29 Hoosiers. They got sticky on the test burn out we'll find out tomorrow.

#18 ·
I think a radial in 10.5X 29.5 will give you more room than a bias ply tire. The old Phoenix tires I ran needed the outer lip trimmed, and were close to rubbing on the inner wheelwell. They rubbed if I made too sharp of a turn.

#20 · (Edited)
May chasis has not sit perfectly square on the rear end friom day 1 so filling the wells was creative on my car (295/65's)10inch tread. Good luck with 11x29's.
Guess all I'm saying is if your car isn't perfectly square it makes it more difficult to put a maximum size tire on both rims with the same backspacing.

#21 ·
Thanks Chris I've been looking and talking about so many tires I messed up, the tires I'm gonna use are 10x29-15 and it is tight on the pass side as in VERY. Well the car is loaded with all my stuff time to drive to the track. See ya.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.