Team Chevelle banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Vendor
9,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My work PC gave me a blue "kill screen" today. I am working from my server but do not have my OUTLook. Those of you that emailed me over the weekend please email again as I am working off email from Comcast until my IT guy gets here tonight.
I will answer PM's as always.

Oh yeah, my alergies are back....I sound like Darth Vader.

·
Premium Member
7,015 Posts
well I guess it's time to upgrade from the 1989 IBM PS1.....:D

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
just say it.... you know you want to.... "Luke, I am your father"

·
Registered
256 Posts
just say it.... you know you want to.... "Luke, I am your father"
ahhhhh, you beat me to it!! Better to sound like Darth Vader than Princess Leia :yes:

·
Premium Member
7,015 Posts

·
Registered
7,127 Posts
Never good when your fridge and microwave can call your computer a weakling.

Probably commited suicide after years of bullying by your kitchen appliances. Dont put your iPhone next to computers like that....its non stop heckle and hassle. Destroys their sense of worth and pride. All they have left then is to cause you hassle as their final payback.

:D

·
Premium Member
11,205 Posts
I'll have you guys know it was a Zenith 386 with windows 2000.
The sad thing about this is one of those pigs with old school monitor was $1500 (if my memory serves) or more in USD 2000. This is roughly $2500 USD 2010. Interesting that costs have come down....my 2011 laptop was $500 :D

·
Premium Member
14,529 Posts
Call me a teenager, but I just finished building a hotrod desktop with 10 hard drives in a RAID 0 array with a RAID controller card included, but although it's pretty quick, I don't think that the basic broadband internet service that I have will allow the thing to see it's full potential. I might get that "Extreme 50" Comcast service for a little while just to see how it is, but I probably won't like paying $99 per month for it for too long unless I find a legit business purpose for it to justify the extra cost.

·
Premium Member
1,734 Posts
Chris,you do know you don't have to run in DOS anymore right?;)

I will be contacting you again ,(I liked your straight forward no bs talk)for a cam and components in the near future, have other things I have to do now and can't afford both, hope you and your 'puter get well soon:thumbsup:

PS. I hope when you grind my cam you forget about comment #1 above:D

·
Registered
358 Posts
Who are you fooling......

Its a commadore 64........... you need to be as old as I am to know what that is!

and while your at it trade the bag phone for an I-phone my friend!

·
Premium Member
1,734 Posts
Who are you fooling......

Its a commadore 64........... you need to be as old as I am to know what that is!

and while your at it trade the bag phone for an I-phone my friend!
I know what that is:sad:, and I played pong on a b&w TV,AND i wish I had my bag phone back, I could talk on it anywhere.:yes:

·
Vendor
9,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I. T. guy on his way. Server works but can not get on to my Quickbooks. Concrete guys have not shown up to pour floor for new building, have got to go the Vet at 4pm to put a 11 year old sheep dog down as she is in congestive heart failure. Why did I wake up today.

·
Premium Member
14,529 Posts
I. T. guy on his way. Server works but can not get on to my Quickbooks. Concrete guys have not shown up to pour floor for new building, have got to go the Vet at 4pm to put a 11 year old sheep dog down as she is in congestive heart failure. Why did I wake up today.
Sorry to hear about your dog. If you've had her for that long, then I know that will be a tough experience. Been there before myself. You just don't realize how close you've grown to them and how much they're a part of the family until they've been with you for 10+ years, and you have to put em out for good. Very emotionally draining no matter how tough you think you are. Hang in there Chris. I feel your pain.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Sorry to hear about the pup. Easy to replace the computer, can't replace an old buddy.

·
Vendor
9,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Computer is fixed. Leave for the Vet at 3:30. Kids say they want to go. I don't think they should but I will leave that up to them.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Chris

There are things in life we take for granted and a pet is one of them.

Like Bill has said it's not easy.... been there also... not an easy thing to do.

And why you woke up this morning is that despite these horrible things there are many other good things like the 11 good years you had with the her... and when you really think about it............life is good!

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Sorry for your loss.I had to put my Doberman down for the same thing.Its never easy, and I don't think you ever get over it,but you do get used to it.Regards.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts