Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi fellas.

It's been awhile since I've posted.

Reason: Our baby boy was born on Christmas Day. Wow, what a gift. My wife had multiple complications and she was in the hospital for almost a week.

Therefore, this has taken most of my time.

Well, I have found that my newborn is my new hobby. Therefore, things and priorities have changed in my life quite a bit.

For those of you who have been following my project, it is completed. I have put approximately 40 miles on the new motor and trans. It drives beautifully. I don't have leaks other than they did overfill the tranny fluid.

I've used the blown Chevelle to go by baby's formula
It turns a lot of heads and thumbs up.

Anyway, a thought of selling it is crossing my mind. I am fond of my newborn and I have given him all my attention and I haven't thought about my Chevelle for the past 3 weeks. I have accomplished building my dream car, a blown Chevelle, and now I am ready to move on. Call me crazy but remember, it is my hobby, NOT an investment. Time with my newborn is my definition of investment.

Therefore, I may be posting the for sale in the "for sale" section soon.

Thank you all!

------------------
My other TOY

Video: Blown 540 on the dyno

Picture: Blown 69 SS Chevelle

·
Registered
171 Posts
Yes the world certainly does change!! Congratulations to you and your wife; it is amazing how fast priorities change when children come into your world! Thanks for sharing your project with Team chevelle. I know certainly enjoyed it. Best wishes for your new family.

------------------
68 Malibu B&M blown 350, TH350 with 10" converter and Gear Vendors overdrive, 12 bolt-3.90 gears
69 CST Pickup original 396, TH400 factory AC/PS/PB
99 Harley Dyna Wide Glide
91 Sportster 883- now a 1200!

·
Registered
3,797 Posts
Wow Tony! Congrads! Have been in your shoes (so to speak) twice now. I take it this is your 1st born? Just my $.02, Keep the 'Velle for a while. You'll definately need some wheel time to yourself once in a while. Kids are wonderful, but so is a drive in blown rat every now and then!

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Tony,
Congrats on being a father!

Were you the guy that had the 502 that you thought was leaking oil from the engine builder?

If so, how did that pan out?

Dave

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Congratulations on your son!

I suggest holding on to the car if you can. Your boy will LOVE going for rides in it in another 18 months or so. It also makes for great father/son activities. This was one of my proudest moments.

Glad to hear you got your blown 540 completed. I'd love to see your 1/4 mile time.

------------------
My Web Page (updated 1-9-02)

"America will endure!"

Chad Landry
TC Member #643
ACES Member #04556
'68 El Camino

·
Registered
263 Posts
Congrats on the baby!!

Is there a reason you NEED to sell it? Based on your cars you seem to be a well off family, are you selling cause you need the money? or just don't have time. I would assume its all paid for so I don't see why you couldn't keep it. I bet the vibration would help put the kid to sleep
hehe

Congratulations again and good luck to ya in your future hobbies.

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Boy Tony, its just project after project with you, eh?
Congrats on the baby! Just go with your gut on the car man. Priorities are priorities but you can bet your behind that if the kid grows up to be a gearhead and finds out what poppa had and gave up, he'll be one PO'd youngster. Imagine being able to go out and uncover that beast saying "Son, I think you're ready to see this now" and watching his jaw drop.

I was upset that my dad sold a 66 Velle when I was five or six...I just found that out two weeks ago. Although in our situation it was sold to pay rent and buy food so it was better that way.

In any case, whatever you decide, good luck. I have enjoyed watching that build-up a great deal.

------------------
'70 SS 396
4spd, 4.10's and a smile
TC# 1341
Beaux

If someone tells you your ass is on fire, at first, you should take their word for it.

[This message has been edited by Midnight Marauder (edited 01-22-2002).]

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
When my son was almost 4 he asked me what the big box with wheels in the backyard was. I said it was a car trailer with a rear engined dragster in it. Then I thought he has never seen the car out of the trailer it's time to put it up for sale. It is strange how priorities change.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Tony,

Congratulations on fatherhood. I'm sure the rewards you'll get will be well worth the effort. I remembered the trips I used to take with my dad in his '55 Chevy. I enjoyed every one of them and often dreamt of that being the first car I'd get to drive. But my dad was forced to sell his dream car to buy our whole family a bigger house as we outgrew the old one.

I look forward to taking my kids and my wife (in the future after I'm outta college) for day trips and cruises through town. The memories of those with my dad have lasted for years and I hope to create those same memories with my kids. Hope you keep the car and enjoy the time in it with your new son.

Good luck in your future endeavors.

------------------
David White
1970 Chevelle 454, T-10 4speed, 4.10 12-bolt posi
1993 S-10 Blazer 4.3L 4x4

·
Registered
738 Posts
That's about the finest Christmas gift a family could have. Congrats to you and your wife Tony. Sorry to hear about your plans with the car too. Maybe you should just park her in the garage corner and wait a while. You've spent soooo much time building that beast - I know I'd have a VERY HARD time letting it go this soon. Thanks for the update again and post some more pics when you get a chance.

------------------
502 Rat Infested 1970 Malibu - Gold Member #39
Keep America Beautiful - Drive A Brute Force Chevelle!
http://bruteforcechevelle.freeservers.com/

·
Premium Member
263 Posts
Tonyr,
Congrats on the new addition and I hope everybody is doing well.
I agree with the others who say not to sell it if you don't have to. I have had my 71 for 12 yrs now and the 70 for 6. The 70 has been put on hold for right now because of a daughter that is 3 yrs old and a 18 month old son, but I can not wait till I can make it a father daughter/son project. My daughter has already started to help me out when I am doing odd jobs around the house (handing me the screwdriver and such). Anyways good luck on which ever way you choose to go.

------------------
Nathan Brandt
The more cubes the better!!!
70 SS 396 4spd under restoration
71 SS 454 clone 8.8 1/8 on pump gas and 8" slicks
60' 1.949 & 77 MPH
Team Chevelle # 1143
My 71 SS 454 clone

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.