Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, i just recently purchased a '72 malibu for some fixin' up, and i'm lovin' it so far. anyway, the guy i bought the car off seemed to have a "if it don't work, get rid of it instead of fixin' it" attitude. the latest problem deals with the heat. i replaced the heater core and hooked up all the cables for the control "sliders" only to find that the guy cut all the wires going from the blower speed switch to the blower resistor about a foot after the switch. does anyone know where i can get the harness that runs from the switch to the resistor? also, i know a service manual is gonna be my best friend, but before i get one, does anyone have the wiring diagram for all this heater business? also, the car doesn't have a/c now, but i'm not sure if it originally did (not sure if that matters). sorry for the long, rambling post, but thanks in advance to anyone who can help.
-sean

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
Welcome aboard. Found your way in here on your first day.
First need to identify if this car is set-up as an A/C car or a non-A/C car. Wiring is a little different. An A/C car would have a large plastic box under the hood on the right hand side screwed on the firewall. The blower resistors would be there. The slide levers that the cables attached to would have a section for A/C. The non-A/C cars don't have any reference to A/C on the slide levers.
The basic non A/C schematic can be found in the Haynes Chevelle Manual at PeP Boys or other places.
If this is a non A/C car there really isn't a harness that's been cut off. Just a connector and some wire.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
I think you could use individual spade type connectors on the resistor and then just use whatever wire you can get from the parts store to extend the cut ones. Not correct but if done neatly would work just as well.

Peter

1 - 3 of 3 Posts