Chevelles.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 68 chevelle I am building with factory air. Correct me if I am wrong but I do believe I have to make a ground terminal for the blower motor on the evaporator motor due to the fact thatthe evaporator box is fiberglass and cannot get ground from the firewall. Is this correct? Where does the ground terminal go from on the motor (I assume I would use one of the mounting screws for the blower motor)? Where does the ground wire ground to? Is there a picture of this wiring in the chasis service manual?

·
Premium Member
6,843 Posts
There's a picture/diagram on sheet E8 of the C60 A/C installation instructions in the assembly manual, and on Fig 86 of the Chassis Service Manual. I can't get to my car today but if you can't figure it out from the diagrams, I'll be able to look tomorrow afternoon for you. From the diagram, it looks like there's a 12 ga black wire that grounds the blower motor and has splices that tie in the 16 ga wires from the compressor & A/C relay, and then bolts to the firewall. Hope this helps. ;)
BL

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
On other thing I forgot to mention was that although I am using factory boxes and controls and ductwork, I am using a vintage air style compressor mounted on the drivers side (that way I can run the newer gas). Therefor I do believe I would have to run seperate ground wires for the blower motor and the compressor. I haven't had a chance to check the manuals yet, but will do so shortly. Thanks for the info, any other advice would be greatly appreciated.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts