Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having a heck of a time locating a resistor for my 70 elky 350 w/A.C,,I've checked everywhere,.. Anyone have any ideas? In the meantime i picked up a 4 prong resistor from the local G.M dealership, but its supposed to fit a mid 80s astro fan. its a little different in size and shape and since my wires going to it, have individual terminals, plugging it in is not an issue,, nor is mounting it..
Finally my question,,, Does anyone have any ideas if this resistor will work?
thanks to all who have helped me in the past
Dan

·
Premium Member
2,393 Posts
The resistor should work if you can connect it the same as the old one. The values of the resistor may be a little different than your old one. If this is the case, the blower will run a little slower or faster than it did with the original.

The job of the resistor is to drop a certain percentage of the applied (12V) voltage. If it is connected correctly, I see no problem.

Replacement resistors are available from aftermarket suppliers, Ground Up, Year One, OPG, etc.

------------------
Rick Schaefer
72 El Camino
TPI 350/700r4
Aces #00140
TEAM CHEVELLE #00038
NCOA #16197

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Apparently not everywhere, I just searched parts partsvoice.com and found 3 stocking dealers, 2 in NY and 1 in Montana. Try it out yourself;

http://www.partsvoice.com

According to the parts catalog the part number you need is 3949879, all 69-71 Chevelle heater and A/C blower motors engine/trans etc has nothing to do with it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your input guys,, i may just wait and try to be a little more patient in locating the correct part. who knows,if i installed this astro van part in my elky,, i might get the urge to pick up the kids from school
ok, bad joke,, but i couldnt resist. : )
according to G.M parts books,, it says 3 different resistors will fit, i tried one, but it was a 3 prong so i hope your right elcamino with that 3949879 number.
ill check out ground up also
thanks again
Dan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.