Chevelles.com banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Allegedly there's a seperate fuse for the high speed of the 4-season A/C fan switch on my 69 chevelle. Well mine has blown and I can't find the darn thing. So my fan works on all speeds but high. Could someone give me a detailed description of where it is located? It would be greatly appreciated with summer coming up.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I dont know how much help this is but I have a 71 with air. I had the exact same problem and it turned out to be the control switch on the dash. I'm looking at the wiring diagram for a 71 (I dont think yours will be much different, if it is, then ignore what follows)

There is one fuse that provides power to the system that is not in the fuse block. it is an inline fuse located on the firewall in the wire harness near the a/c relay. on a 71 it is on an orange wire. you may have to unrap part of the harness to get to it. On my car it was located in the rubber wire gutter at the top edge of the fire wall.

Good luck
Clark

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Okay I have had a similiar problem on my 70 Chevelle with A/C concerning the blower motor. Here is what I did.

I replaced the blower motor, it was bad. I still did not get HI speed. There is a blower motor relay, (which is bad & I have a replacement from Year One) that provides 12v to the motor when the control switch is on High, bypassing the resistor element. I think the fan speed switch provides a ground for the relay. The orange wire feeding this relay has an inline fuse (replaced it too) in it. Mine was in the plastic gutter on the firewall.

Other-wise the switch controls the speed of the fan. If you wiggle my switch the fan comes and goes. I picked up a replacement for the switch at Year One too.

At least that's what I found, hope that helps.

------------------
DG

Springfield, Ohio
70 Chevelle Malibu
[email protected]
www.wright.edu/~s001dga/chevy.htm

[This message has been edited by DG (edited 05-09-99).]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.