Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Do anybody know the correct procedure for installing a new blower fan motor. I need replace mine and I can't find the procedure in any of the manuals I have. Don't think I even know where its located.

Thanks

Corey

·
Premium Member
9,796 Posts
It is in the engine compartment on the passenger (right) side near the front fender. To change it you must drop out the right hand inner fender panel.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
I did mine on a 70 Chevelle, with A/C. So this relates to that year.

Disconnect battery (safety thing)

Remove almost all bolts holding Right inner fender well leaving one or 2 in the front loosely connected.

Pull fender well down and block it with piece of wood.

You should see motor, and there are 3 bolts to loosen. There is a 2 wire connect mouted to the motor as well as a cooling tube that redirects air back to cool the motor.

Anyway, I bought a new motor from local parts store for $20.00 or so.

When you get motor out, you might have a heck of a time clearing the squirl cage/motor assemble thru the space between fender and well.

Remove cage from old motor, and install it the same way on the new motor. Install in reverse of disassembly.
--------------

Check a few things before you jerk the motor. Make sure you are getting 12+ to hi speed relay on firewall (only for hi-speed), you can check to see if there is 12+ coming to fan switch, and that the switch is not intermittant like mine still is by wiggling it.

Hope that helps.

------------------
http://www.wright.edu/~s001dga/chevy.htm

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.