Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1968 Malibu sport coupe, 489 ci. 590 hp 600 tq, RV T-400 Freakshow 3200 stall, 3.73 12 bolt posi
8,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched the engine area and found Shiners thread but got a little confused, I recently changed heads on my 86 454, had pp heads and I swapped 063 heads with 2.19/1.88 valves, I haven't driven the car but have had the engine running an easy dozen times, well yesterday I noticed blow by from the pass side VC breather, I have VC breathers on both sides and no PCV, also noticed condensation in the tail piped which it never had either of this before the head change, motor has 22,400 miles heads are fresh rebuilds, I also noticed before the head change the cam (.533 lift 226 dur hft) had more rumpity to it, would more comp make the cam sound more tame?, it's not much cam anyway, thanks for any input, rick.

·
Premium Member
12,689 Posts
Rick it has been a while bug seem to recall i had a similar situation on my 396 years ago. I believe I added a pcv to the passenger side and the problem disappeared.

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
Condensation out the tailpipes is normal depending on outside air humidity. X2 on running a PCV, it will eliminate the smoke out of the breather. Yes, the head change if it increased the compression can cause blowby.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts