Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My left blinker blinks twice as fast as my right blinker. Why, and how do I make it so they both blink at the same rate?

Thanks
Dan

·
Premium Member
2,393 Posts
Check the grounds for all your lights, front and back. Bet you'll find one that is either very loose or very dirty. Clean any rust you find and tighten back up. Also you could have a bad bulb or bad socket.

------------------
Rick (Abilene Texas)
72 El Camino
TPI 350/700r4
Aces #00140
TEAM CHEVELLE #00038

·
Registered
31 Posts
Did you check your blinker fluid? Kidding aside, check out your bulbs. I had a bad one in mine and it did just that.

------------------
Dave
TC Member #281 (Gold)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Awe! Blinker fluid, I should have known! :p
Yeah all 4 blinkers work, just one of the sets is slower, I tried the bulb but no diff. Ill check all the connections a little better tomorrow. Thanks.

·
Registered
85 Posts

·
Administrator
16,204 Posts
And if all the bulbs, grounds, sockets and connections are ok, change the flasher. I have seen one side be totally inoperatve and the other work fine and it turned out to be the flasher.

------------------
Philip Valentine
Lakeside, AZ
Team Chevelle Member #42 GOLD
[email protected]

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
Are the bulbs all the same type? If you have a mix of 1034's and 1157's you may get a difference in blink rate. This puts different current loads on the flasher and will change the rate.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.