Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, the blinker lights don't blink, they just stay on. But, the hazzards(flashers) blink. I've changed the flasher unit and checked the grounds but I can't figure out why they don't work.

------------------
Trever Maas
1972 Chevelle Malibu
Mohave Gold
L65 350/M38 TH350
2.73 AXL RATIO
Undergoing Resotoration

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
If the front and rear grounds are good and the bulbs are good, they usually blink.
Did you change out the flasher can in the fuse block or the one under the dash? The one under the dash is for the turn signals. Hides up there somewhere between the right hand side of the steering column and the radio. No 2 are ever found in the same place because it gets knocked around.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I changed the fuse box flasher unit. I'll look for the other one. Is their anyway to check it to see if its bad?

------------------
Trever Maas
1972 Chevelle Malibu
Mohave Gold
L65 350/M38 TH350
2.73 AXL RATIO
Undergoing Resotoration

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
Just use the hazzard one from the fuse block to test the signal lamp circuit. The flasher cans are both the same and you know the hazzard can seems to work. I just get a new one from a chain auto store. They run about $3.50 for the cheap ones. The real heavy duty camper ones sometimes act up because there are not enough light bulbs to trip them.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, i'll test it tomorrow. By the way, is there anyway for the hazzard button to stay in? I have to hold the hazzard button in order to keep it on.

------------------
Trever Maas
1972 Chevelle Malibu
Mohave Gold
L65 350/M38 TH350
2.73 AXL RATIO
Undergoing Resotoration

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
The hazzard button should say it by itself. If it doesn't, you have to change the switch if you want it to work.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I can't seem to find that second flasher. Is it towards the front or back of the dash? Is it mounted on something or just hanging there?

------------------
Trever Maas
1972 Chevelle Malibu
Mohave Gold
L65 350/M38 TH350
2.73 AXL RATIO
Undergoing Resotoration

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
Best I can tell you is it's up there somewhere. It's on about 10 inches of wire. Wire colors are pink and purple. Same purple wire that comes off the turn signal connector. These things float around sometimes. May be between the column and the radio. May have ended up on top of the column. May be on top of the radio. One guy found it stuck inside the firewall insulation. If you can't find it visually, try turning on the turn signal when it is real quiet. Sometimes they make a slight noise even when they aren't working properly. If listening doesn't work, leave the signal on and try feeling for it. Even if they are near dead, they tend to slightly vibrate.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts