Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I Click on the TC site in My Favorites List on My computer

Front page of TC comes up

Click on Forums in Top Left / Blue Bar and takes me to page Listing the Various Forums

Click on one of the Forums eg. Chevelle Tech /
Click on a Thread I want to read
Click on Upper Blue/White Arrow Top Left to Back out to CT List

GET A BLANK WHITE SCREEN

Have to click on the Red Box with the X to log off
and then start from beginning logging on
same ol same ol

Is this something wrong with TC or is it something wrong with my ID on TC or ??????????

Just went on the Team Camaro Site and have no problems over there

·
Registered
616 Posts
It happens to me as well. Must be the site.

Richard

·
Registered
616 Posts

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Administrator
17,082 Posts
IE isn't supported by many web sites these days and may be causing some of your issue.
Support by Microsoft ended January 12,2016.
You willing to try another browser like Firefox and see if the issue reoccurres?

·
Super Moderator
1966 Chevelle SS396
8,279 Posts
I don't know if this has anything to do with it:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_Explorer

On March 17, 2015, Microsoft announced that Microsoft Edge will replace Internet Explorer as the default browser on its Windows 10 devices. This effectively makes Internet Explorer 11 the last release. Internet Explorer will, however, remain on some versions of Windows 10 primarily for enterprise purposes.[10] Starting January 12, 2016, only Internet Explorer 11 is supported with more security than older versions, according to Microsoft.[11][12] Support varies based on the operating system's technical capabilities and its support lifecycle.[13]

·
Premium Member
727 Posts
So what does an old guy with no computer knowledge need to do in order to get back on the website like before? Please post any replies in laymans terms,I'm sure I'm not the only one who doesn't understand a lot of computer terminology. Thank's in advance.

·
Administrator
17,082 Posts
Don ,you might try going back to the old site format and see if that helps at all.
Scroll down to the bottom of this page and you'll see a dropdown box that likely shows :
---Chevelles.com (full)
click the down arrow and select:
---Chevelles.com (classic)

·
Registered
616 Posts
IE isn't supported by many web sites these days and may be causing some of your issue.
Support by Microsoft ended January 12,2016.
You willing to try another browser like Firefox and see if the issue reoccurres?
Not a fan of Firefox or Chrome. Guess I'll just make do until it quits all together. Funny, its worked perfectly up till now.

I use the classic forum.

Reactions: Kirk's67SS

·
Premium Member
727 Posts
I've been going to the bottom and selecting the classic view ever since the new site format came about.I have tried it both ways since the white screen and it makes no difference? I'm writing this post from my phone,but prefer my laptop. Do I need to get rid of Internet Explorer and use something else?If so maybe someone could explain the process,or post a site explaining how.

·
Premium Member
1,077 Posts
Since yesterday I can't get it to come up at work using IE. Always worked before. If I go to Chrome it still works fine. Something has changed...

·
Premium Member
4,569 Posts
Having the same problem,guess I'm done with Team Chevelle for a while.Had a hard time getting on to post this.
IE,but this is the only website doing this.

·
Premium Member
4,507 Posts
Same problem here. No plans to change browsers to accommodate one website. ATTENTION MODERATORS/ADMINISTRATORS: Fix this or I'm outta here!:frown2:

·
Administrator
16,207 Posts
I can not duplicate the problem. Have tried it with a non paying login using IE 11 and it works the same as as my admin login with Chrome. Also tried it with Firefox and had no issues. For those of you having trouble that like IE have you upgraded to IE11? If not why not give it a try.

·
Administrator
16,207 Posts
Same problem here. No plans to change browsers to accommodate one website. ATTENTION MODERATORS/ADMINISTRATORS: Fix this or I'm outta here!:frown2:
Really Randy, do you think Verticalscope will work on it faster due to threats to leave? How about upgrading IE to the latest version.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts