Team Chevelle banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had decided long ago that I was'nt going forward with my 68 Malibu after I had collected all the major parts needed for it .I put it on Craigslist over the weekend and made a deal with the first guy to come look at it. I hope the next time I see it that it is finished the way it deserved rather than sitting in my shop taking up space and gathering dust. My 72 Chevy truck will benefit from the sale as now I have some funds for it.:yes:

·
Premium Member
2,508 Posts
one door closes..another opens,,sold a few myself...it is very difficult and time consuming to take care of multiple cars/trucks..now you can put more effort into the truck!!..get to work!!

·
Premium Member
7,278 Posts
Hey...a 72 C10 is a sweet truck!

·
Premium Member
2,579 Posts
John,
Glad to see you got the '68 sold but real sorry for myself that I couldn't jump on it at this time to get it.
I have finally started on the '68 Mustang though. I have it in the garage and stripped to bare metal except 1/2 of one door and the left fender. Etch primer this weekend I hope. That truck will be sweet when you are done. The previous owner asked me about it a couple of days ago. He is having some remorse for selling it. LOL
Be great to see you and Joan before long.

·
Gold Founding Member
5,867 Posts
Good for you John, I know you were wanting to sell it for a while. Now fix up that old truck.
Is your convertible out of the paint shop yet?
Ron

·
Registered
20,389 Posts
bummer. the Healey might just suffer the same fate so I can finish the convertible.

hope not, though.

·
Premium Member
3,572 Posts
Thing is John, how long have I known you and that 68 is something you always talked about "getting around to" one day. At least now it may have a chance of seeing the road again. Since it gives you money for the truck I say it is a win win.

·
Premium Member
4,640 Posts
John, I have thought about selling one of mine every so often but after they are done it is just a matter of upkeep. I would never want 2 project cars at the same time, one is enough. Concentrate on your truck, when it is done find the next project

·
Premium Member
6,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well guys ,I do plan to start more in depth on the truck right away .Ive already done some things that needed to be done mechanically but I plan to start on the rust repairs next now that the 68 malibu gave me some funds.
Herbie ,if your friend is still interested in the 55 Bel Air its on Craigslist and tell the previos owner he will be proud of the finished truck when its done and Ill take it back for him to see it.
Ron ,the vert is still in the shop ,but I told him to take his time as it gives me some room to work on the truck .It will be ready by cruisin season .

·
Premium Member
6,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Dewayne ,the new owner said it would be running by dark tonight and then he is going to start the build .Im glad its going to have a better owner this time around as I just couldnt afford to fix them all.And the old truck is and will continue to be my daily driver after its finished whenever that may be.
Jonathan, I hope there are no more projects in my future .I need to be content with the 72 vert ,72 El Camino ,and the 81 T/A and the 72 truck .If my 55 sells I will be able to maintain all those alot easier . I can actually move in my shop now ,time to de-clutter.

·
Premium Member
536 Posts
Hey John, you've got cash now. And some room in the shop. Sounds like you need another project! How about a....

Just kidding! I need to take a lesson from you! Too many projects around here, too. And I ain't gettin' any younger. Looking forward to seeing you and Joan soon!

·
Registered
20,389 Posts
Be sure to let me know if you decide to sell the Healey, 100-4?, 3000?,bugeye?:yes:
BJ8 Mk III.

I'm pretty sure I can manage to hang onto it but you never know. It's tough looking at the bare frame for my vert knowing that I need $4k to get the parts to start putting it back together.

·
Premium Member
6,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey Chuck ,were gonna surprise you one weekend and come for a visit .Sure do miss you guys .Im fixin to dig in on the old 72 truck.Just bought a pair of GM rocker panels .May have a pair of new powder coated inner fenders located for cheap. Looking at crate motors ,be a good time to swap it while its front clip is apart. My money aint going to be enough for paint but will do what I can. It will at least be rust free and dependable .If my 55 finds a new home later on I can finish it up.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts