Team Chevelle banner

bilstein shocks

2K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  Chuck 
#1 ·
where do i find bilsteins for my 68???i looked in the summit and jegs catalogs and found none for my car. where did you get yours?....would it be the heavy duty ones for everyday use or would i be looking for different ones? any suggested brand beside bilstein is welcome

#9 ·
I have noticed that I feel everything on the road through my 70 series TAs (per my other post). I did a search but didn't come up with much on shocks. Is it likely that my problem is shocks? Will a set of Edelbrock or Bilstein shocks will make the car ride smoother?

Chuck

#10 ·
It's a combination of factors, but tires and shocks are a big part of it. I use bilsteins, with polygraphite bushings everywhere. Not too bad of a ride, handles like it's on rails - but I just installed new rims/tires, and it made a noticeable improvement. Turns out my old tires were 20 years old!

#11 ·
Thanks Mark,
I like the 427 and the missle car thing, but I'd really like a smooth ride, more like a modern car. I'm not concerned about the handling, just the quality of the ride. I see that as mostly tires and shock.... but I've been wrong before.

Chuck

#12 ·
Chuck, go with the Edlebrocks for a comfortable ride. Bilstein and Koni will provide a more stable platform but at the expense of some stiffness.

#13 · (Edited)
Thanks buddy!
So are the Monroe's just junk? They are new but don't seem to do the job.

Also, on a club cruise on Saturday I noticed an on off vibration starting at 70 mph. It's oscillating, one second vibration, one second no vibration and it goes away at 68 mph. The tires and drive shaft are balanced and it was not there last Summer. Now I have to figure that out too.

Thanks
Chuck

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.