Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Bill, You mentioned Jacobs Electronics in a previous post. Is this the same one I hear G. Gordon Liddy hawking on his radio program? He claims it made a noticeable improvement in his Chevy truck's performance etc,etc.
I'd be interested to hear if you have any experience with this.
Thanks,
Rich

·
Registered
330 Posts
Sorry to butt in, but, Jacobs=Overpriced, over-hyped in my opinion, doesn't work nearly as well as the MSD products. My advice, save your money. MSD over Jacobs in a heartbeat any day for me.

[This message has been edited by IgnitionMan (edited 11-30-99).]

·
Super Moderator
12,779 Posts
RT,
Not sure what GG has to say, don't listen to him myself. I had a Jacobs unit on my Race car for 13 years and it never missed a beat, and at the time I got it it was half the price of MSD. Not saying its any better, just my experience. My only comment about them was to recommend the book they sell on optimizing your ignition system. It is by far the most in depth, yet easy to understand, guifde to setting up automotive ignition systems for all applications, from street to all out strip. It covers advance curves, etc etc. I have also used a few sets of thier wires and they seem fine. Check out thier web site: http://www.jacobselectronics.com/
Just my opinions, and no I am not a Jacobs dealer, but I get a lot of requests for thier "junk"

------------------
Bill Koustenis
Advanced Automotive Machine
Waldorf Md

1971 Heavy Chevy - original owner
Team Chevelle #100

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
Hey Guy's,
I've used Jacob's product's in the past too.
Dr. Jacob's does have a very informative book on ignition system's, but his component's do seem overpriced, IMHO.
Plus, the Jacob's stuff seem's to be affected from heat more than MSD or other stuff that I've used.
Jacob's wire's do seem to be top notch, though. Hope this help's. Narti.

------------------
Nick P.
Team Chevelle Gold #36
http://www.chevelles.com/showroom/Nick's1970ChevelleSS396.jpg

·
Registered
330 Posts
I often wonder, from reading Dr. Chris Jacobs' book, why he states that the GM HEI, in his opinion, is the best ignition system ever built, then builds a different ignition system for sale. If you have actually read his book, you will find he states this in two places.

Please don'task me which two places, just spend the money and read his book. It's there. Twice.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.