Team Chevelle banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday Martin came over and we made some major changes to the suspension. I had already installed my new Strange shocks and springs in the rear and Martin and Jake started working on the front. They removed the shims, got more shock travel, set the springs and when it was over we got some movement in the front end. Cool thing is that the car has a stance to it that just looks cool.
Then Martin showed me how to get the Adapt a cap mounted correctly and he got that done so there is no more cap movement.
Took the car on the street and tested it. Neighbors loved it. Next time at the track should be interesting and hopefully get closer to an 8 second pass.

Thanks again Martin!

·
Premium Member
5,294 Posts
When do you think you are going to be able to take it back to the track?

If you ever want to do some more testing my street could use some sealing but I don't think my neighbors will like it as much as yours:D

·
Registered
211 Posts
Hey..... What's with all the rubber???? That suspension can't be working all that good.... The goal is to not do those long, narly, impressive pavement sealing burnouts.....:D Put a glide in that thing and quite worrying about wheelie's.... Just a smooth casual, .... sh*tty 60', ..... but casual trip down the track... Ahhh.. the Sunday drives... jk... looks good Jim.. Nic even marks..:thumbsup: 8's will be a breeze..

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
Would have hooked better with about 2 gallons of PJ1 spilled all over :D It still will not be a wheelie machine (tube chassis vs. back half), what we accomplished is a better weight transfer, now to see if it softens or eliminates the bunny hopping that was going on. JIM, don't forget to check rear end travel moniter the sway bar for bind or chassis rub!!!!
We didin't get around to that and 'wuz gonna'.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts