Team Chevelle banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Premium Member
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't know if this is the correct forum. Please move if it's not.

My '69 waterpump (3931065) has started leaking. Can anyone recommend a rebuilder to rebuild this pump?

· Registered
1,779 Posts
don't know if this is the correct forum. Please move if it's not.

My '69 waterpump (3931065) has started leaking. Can anyone recommend a rebuilder to rebuild this pump?
napa

· Premium Member
86 Posts
I went this route once. Sent it out to a rebuilder to rebuild it for big bucks, put in my car and after about 800 miles it blew up! I think they over pressed the bearing and cracked the housing. Went to the local parts store and got a factory rebuilt pump and it works fine. You cant even see the factory numbers when the pullys are in place. Not worth the effort as far as Im concerned.

· Premium Member
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the comments. I would like to repair this pump, as it appears to be original to the car. Does anyone know where to get a rebuild kit for the big block pumps?

· Super Moderator
10,436 Posts
Jeff,
Most of the Corvette resto places sell the kits. I have done a couple for customers. Pretty easy but you really need a press to do it properly. Try Zip Products.

· Premium Member
2,755 Posts
I am a very satisfied customer of Arthur Gould in New York....

http://www.arthurgouldrebuilders.com/

He did mine about 5 or 6 years ago and I've had no problems with it. I know there are several other people on this site who have used him also. Seems to me the price at the time was about $75 or $80 including return shipping.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.