Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased my second 66 Chevelle.
A bit embarassing but it has a pontiac motor in it. A 1965 421 HO. My question is this; I have a very nice big block CHEVY to put in, I just bought new motor mounts for it, the frame mounts already in the car seem to be like the Chevy small block ones. My questions are these, When I buy the new frame mounts, will I have to drill new holes? And where can I get these mounts to put in? Are there other GM frame mounts from other years or cars that will work with out changing the mounting height of the engine?

Thank You,
Dan

·
Registered
111 Posts
Dan, BB & SB mounts look the same for the years 64-67. Kind of L shaped. Big block mounts have a formed lip around the outter side for more strength. If your frame mounts look like this your BBC should bolt right in. You shouldn't have to drill any holes, they are the same. You will be stuck to finding these at swap meets, unless somebody repo's them. You could plate the underside of the SB ones for the additional strength, I've seen this done.68 and up mounts are completely differant.Happy hunting, Rick

·
Registered
32 Posts
Classic Muscle from Modern Chevrolet in Winston Salem has a shop making BB frame mounts for 66-7 chevelle.Thier # is 1-800-722-4828 M-F.
John

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.