Team Chevelle banner
201 - 210 of 210 Posts

·
Banned
3,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #201 ·
"Stock suspension" can be taken a LONG way with aftermarket parts. ;)
Yeah and that'd be cool . That car runs below 11 and a half and hooks decent on the street with them et streets i already got or some street hoisiers and im good. Probably put a hurtin on some of the newer high hp cars that don't hook. Them cars look a little plain jane in stock form but get it sittin pretty with rally's on it and it looks tough and cool

·
Banned
3,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #204 ·
If you can't get a decent 454 to run 11's (talking 11.50-11.70 at 115-116) in a 4000# car, then there's a choke point somewhere in the setup. Utimately, TECH will shut you down from going quicker anyway without a roll bar.
That's cool and I don't care if I run too fast and get bounced. I just wouldn't go back is all lol or not with that car. And actually there's a track about 45 minutes from me that doesn't even check you in with a drivers license lol if they don't care about that maybe they don't care how fast you go either

·
Registered
12,950 Posts
Maybe bp cams are conservative to keep engine speed down and minmize breakage?
Id love to have one of Marks SR 496 doubt I could get the car to hook though.
Lots of these bigger engines read impressive (numbers) but are they just burnout machines?
Id think if youre playing with someone you want to shoot forward not go up in smoke.
No, never driven anything that big. 6-71 iron headed 454 thats it.
Tubbed, tough to drive if it got loose

Driving a late model nannie controlled 600hp car and an old school carb'd analog beast of similar power have to be 2 different animals.

·
Premium Member
1,375 Posts
Very true . If you're spinnin you ain't winnin.
400 hp set up right in a 3200 lb car can beat the 600 hp that can't grab . By the time it does it just might be too late
and now you know the philosophy behind my 2.56 gear and factory converter. I was at the track a couple weeks ago, and I ran into ChevelleGeo. It what is a Wednesday night where you could have passengers. My dad rode in my car and then he rode in a friend’s high 14-Second truck. He said the truck hurt his back when taking off, my car just smoothly applies the power. Hoping for good things 11/4 at the FAST Frost Bite Nationals in Martin.

Reactions: mr 4 speed
201 - 210 of 210 Posts