Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
what is their price for that 454? Do they warranty the motors? Rebuild block might be ok, but rebuild blower would make me nervous.

·
Premium Member
28,595 Posts
A friend of mine here in CT bought a blown 454 from Al years back for his 1970 Skylark..he had no problems with it.Al's been around for awile..but,not sure what kind of warranty he offers.

------------------
1970 Chevelle SS396/M21/4.10 My 70 SS396
Engine pic
1970 Chevelle SS454My 70 SS454
1968 Oldsmobile Cutlass convertible
1982 Oldsmobile Cutlass 350 Olds,TH350(daily driver)
Chris Corwel,TC Member 785

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Al's warranty their parts for one year.

If something breaks, you would have to send back the motor and they will repair it. This is out of the question. How many of us would use such a warranty?

Or, they will replace the part, no charge. For example, if a piston breaks, they will send a replacement piston. But they will not pay for labor. I would prefer they pay for labor and I'd pay for the part.

If I'm in California, the warranty is worthless.

This is why I had a concern with their work.

A stage I, 454 with a 6-71 blower and all the necessary parts (carbs, linkages, etc.), total approximately $9,000.

Is this reasonable? Again, it is a rebuilt block and a rebuilt blower. I am a little hesitant with this.

To add, they said that they only run it for 30 seconds to make sure it fires up. That's it???

Also, I was quoted to have my 396 rebuilt with a blower, it will run approximately $13,000 including labor (block machined). Does this sound right?

Thanks for any additional information.

------------------

69 SS Chevelle

396 engine

My car on the cover of Super Chevy Magazine

1 meg video of my Chevelle warming up

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.