Team Chevelle banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So we're going camping this weekend with my 10 month little boy. We got new bikes from walmart.
My question is: The carrier says to NOT use with a rear suspension bike. Why?
The only bike that walmart sells without rear suspension is some old grandma bike. I haven't tried to use carrier yet,, wanted to ask you guys.

One more: My boy will wear a helmet ,but I have never used one for casual riding, Is there a Law saying that I have to wear one now? I haven't ridden in a long time,, things change. Thanks,, Joey

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
So we're going camping this weekend with my 10 month little boy. We got new bikes from walmart.
My question is: The carrier says to NOT use with a rear suspension bike. Why?
Not 100% certain but I suspect it has to do with the mounting system of the carrier and how the rear travel of the bike would interfere with that.

Is there a Law saying that I have to wear one now? I haven't ridden in a long time,, things change. Thanks,, Joey
Just the laws of common sense ;) Even a $25 helmet is better than nothing and if you're concerned about your kids noggin, why not be concerned about yours?

·
Registered
163 Posts
I second the bike trailer. We LOVED ours with the kids. Had enough room for the diaper bag and all. My parents had the kid carrier, we felt VERY uncomfortable with our kids with them. Yep campground trails can be hairy sometimes with roots and such. Also other young kids on the trails/roads makes for sudden unexpected stops.

Trailers also have great re-sale value. Unlike the carrier, which we almost gave away in our garage sale, due to nobody really wanting it.

·
Registered
9,001 Posts
We also used a trailer, Works awesome, rides decent for the kids and they are a LOT lower to the ground should something happen.
Go with a trailer.

LK

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Going with the trailer then,,,,, Thanks,
It's been 4 or 5 years since I been biking. When I was a kid my bike was my life, I stayed on that thing. All the neighborhood kids were like little Evil Knievels. Thanks ALL!!!! :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts