Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've done a quick search about how the bias look radial rides and drives but not really finding much information. I want to put 15x8 rally wheels on my '67 Chevelle with G70-15 redline tires but I want to drive this car and take trips, etc. Who has the Coker (or any brand who makes them) bias look radials on their car and how do they perform? Thanks!!

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also, this car has the stance I'm going for. THANK YOU to this car's owner for the photos!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
872 Posts
Wes, I ordered a set of Coker RF70-14's radials for my 67 they will ship on the Jan. 11. They have to be a lot better handling then the bias.

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
Wes, I ordered a set of Coker RF70-14's radials for my 67 they will ship on the Jan. 11. They have to be a lot better handling then the bias.
Can you give more details? I can't find that size. That should be between a 225/70-14 and a 235/70-14 correct? Sounds like perfect for the back of my El Camino. I have 225/70-14 now on the back (and they are very old), and 215/70-14 up front (biggest affordable ones I found locally)

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bob, I look forward to hearing your thoughts on how they perform. Since my car is not yet road ready, I'm going to wait to see if Coker has any special deals at the Autofair in April at CMS. They usually have a big spread there.

·
Registered
1969 Chevelle 2 Door Sport Coupe Malibu COPO clone
5,668 Posts
:cool: One would think that one of the "old tire" manufacturers would make some "Polyglass" white letter tires in a radial tire. I don't need tires and haven't looked for them, but are there any other old-look radials out there (other than the red lines)?

·
Registered
4,405 Posts

·
Premium Member
872 Posts
Bob, I look forward to hearing your thoughts on how they perform. Since my car is not yet road ready, I'm going to wait to see if Coker has any special deals at the Autofair in April at CMS. They usually have a big spread there.
Wes, Coker always has there trailer at the auto fair. If you order from them before the fair and pick up the tires at the auto fair you save shipping, but you have to pay NC sales tax. I ordered my tires from Jegs no sales tax and free shipping.

·
Premium Member
28,651 Posts
Can you give more details? I can't find that size. That should be between a 225/70-14 and a 235/70-14 correct? Sounds like perfect for the back of my El Camino. I have 225/70-14 now on the back (and they are very old), and 215/70-14 up front (biggest affordable ones I found locally)

an F70 is the same as a 215/70
G70 is a 225/70

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
an F70 is the same as a 215/70
G70 is a 225/70
Everything I read (ok, 2 sites...) F70 is bigger then 225/70.
Coker Tire 546082: BF Goodrich Silvertown Redline Radial Tire P225/70R14 | JEGS is a smidge smaller
Coker Tire 546075: BFG T/A Radial Tire P225/70R14 | JEGS is about the same
I was using this site, but apparently it shows it too tall at 26.8"
Tire Conversion Chart - Standard to Metric

Custom rims, wheel tire packages for your ride - RIMSnTIRES.com is excellent for all wheel/tire comparisons that are metric sized. (doesn't help with letter sized)

Either way, I have 225/70-14 on the back now and would not want anything shorter or narrower.
THIS would be ideal!!! (I can't see how that works on 6"-8" rims though)
Hoosier 17030QT: Quick Time DOT Drag Tire Size: P275/55D-14" | JEGS

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
Have you ever stood a 225/70/14 next to a G70-14 ?
I have not, I'll measure mine now. Plus I found this.
YearOne Enthusiast - News from the Muscle Car World
and
Tire Size Conversion Chart

FWIW, my Cooper Cobra radials 225/70-14 are a smidge under 26" and they are probably ½ worn, so a W.A.G. of 26.3 new...

Edit: Looks like they are still available, about $94 each, Walmart would be for me about $450 all 4 installed, I'll never get redlines :-(
Editx2: from Cooper Tire & Rubber Company - Cobra Radial G/T? looks like 26.26" new.
Anyway, I love the look of those redline wide oval radials, and would love them. Just not sure what I personally would get since I plan to put a lot more miles on.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Coker says the new Firestone Wide Oval radials won't ship until sometime during the 3rd quarter of this year. Has anyone taken delivery yet?

·
Premium Member
872 Posts
Coker says the new Firestone Wide Oval radials won't ship until sometime during the 3rd quarter of this year. Has anyone taken delivery yet?
Coker told me in January they would be made sometime in April. I guess I will call them today.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
If true, they really botched the product launch. Seems like they should have had the product on the shelf before releasing to the market (or at least a little closer to production). Why generate a big buzz and then have everyone forget all about it 6 months later when the product is finally available?

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Really? That sucks. I will be ready to buy in a month or so.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts