Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh I had to stay home for a bit to watch it.... Very cool! Dug how the booster set right down on its mark. Reuse. Land landings matter!

Yet my alt thought was, I like it, but also hope that folks stop bustin' on us for motorsports racing when these guys just unassed a decade's worth of "motorsports carbon" in 20 minutes. Right!?

·
Premium Member
623 Posts
I thought it was very cool. I know it was the first but I would like to have seen them go a little higher (about 10,000ft AGL). I'm sure there will be a next time for further higher and longer. I personally like to see this out of the government and NASA hands, and in the commercial sector that will take it much further and faster. Having worked at a NASA facility, its so loaded down with bureaucracy like everything GOVT run.

As far as the Carbon issue, whole heartedly agree. I wont even consider changing until those leading the charge take it serious. To include the more 80+ polluting countries ahead of the U.S. .

Private-Jet-Setting Billionaires Clog Airport To Meet For Climate ‘Summer Camp’

Mike

·
Premium Member
17,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
68 I think Jeff has more "depth" in the program he is envisioning, than RIchard does. But It was a very SHORT trip. For that much dough I'd wnat a few mnutes of weightlessness. ( which , frankly, as I found out once courtesy of the US Navy, I dont dig at all! the "paratrooper " ride as a kid with projectile votiming was correct after all!)

·
Premium Member
3,220 Posts
I think both these flights were just a big advertisement for their new space flight businesses that they will make money on. Both flights IMO were uneventful. Sorry but almost 60 years after a man walked on the moon this is the best the public sector can do. I expected more!

·
Registered
422 Posts
Went better than my rocket launch last Sunday of my daughters rocket she built in school. I still was going to go back to see if I can knock that nosecone out of the tree with my tree pruner fully extended.

received_4780010088681068.jpeg

·
Premium Member
17,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
PS I have NO idea of what fuels they use and if they really do unass a ton of carbon. I know they aren't using ion propulsion. ;)

·
Premium Member
17,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Cool!

·
Premium Member
1968 Malibu sport coupe, 489 ci. 590 hp 600 tq, RV T-400 Freakshow 3200 stall, 3.73 12 bolt posi
8,704 Posts
AYE Captain!! I'm givin' her everything she's got!!...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts