Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to paint my frame over (section by section)with a semigloss black.Currently has cherry 15 year old deltron glossblack.Can I scuff it up and go the por-15 and then chassisblack route....or ??? Any help would be greatly appreciated.Want the factory look back with protection and ease of application. Hope drop top70 gives me his .02 worth also
Thanks gang.Shawn

------------------

·
Registered
337 Posts
Is the body off the frame?
If it is , sand blast it then POR-15 it.
The POR-15 won't stick to paint, it will only stick to sand blasted metal or rusted metal. But, I just remembered, POR-15 Chassis coat black will stick to it. just give it a good scuff and either brush it on or spray it,. I did mine with a brush, it looks great, the brush marks don,t show.
Good luck!

Jeff Litka
72 Chevelle SS
72 MonteCarlo

·
Registered
501 Posts
If the paint that is on the frame now is enamel I would just scuff it up with 400 sandpaper and shoot it with another coat of enamel, if you use a hardner in the paint it will resist chemicals better but your paint may chip a little easier.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys,body is on frame.It's catylized epoxy paint...probably go with brush on chassis black after degrease and scuffing

------------------

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.