Team Chevelle banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
9,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I`ve got a project truck that has a 350 in it but no electrical in the engine compartment. I found a guy who might be interested in trading my stock 350 for a LT1 from a late model caprice. He wants a compression test but I don`t have a way to power it up. Can I just get a battery,runa ground to the frame and the positive to the starter and just jump it with a push button starter? Whay about a quicky hei power source? I might be able to throw a carb on it and run it for the guy. Could I just run a wire with a fues straight to the hei?

·
In Memoriam
66 El Camino 57 Chevy pickup 2004 Tahoe
29,419 Posts
yes

yes

just use a jumper wire with clips from the battery positive to the BATT terminal on the HEI. Kill it by pulling the wire. You don't need a fuse in the wire to the HEI, GM doesn't use one.

It would be real good to fire it up and warm it up a little before the compression check. Cold dry engine will give low numbers.

·
Banned
9,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Tom. Yeah I always check them hot but in case I can`t fire it, cold numbers will have to do. I figured I would need a fuse for the HEI so it would pop the fuse instead of melting the wire if there was a problem but if GM doesn`t need one then who am I go question it? Thanks again Tom

1 - 3 of 3 Posts