1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Gold Founding Member
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was about to order from sam zaino

then i saw this DuraShine infomercial

they say you put it on and hose it off
no buffing so the application sure sounds easy (up my alley - i HATE washing and especially waxing)

then they say that future washes dont have to be dried

etc etc sound too good to be true

anyone use it and how does it compare to the others inclunding zaino which got high marks in a recent thread

what really is the best from the protection and longevity perspective??

------------------
Rich Baratta
Cocoa Beach, Fla
Team Chevelle #380
May 2001 Feature Car
[email protected]
www.chevelles.com/showroom/70_SS_454.jpg

·
Premium Member
5,886 Posts
To be honest Rich I don't believe anything that "sprays on and does not need buffing". I question how effective and long lasting it would be. I suppose you could reference this to the "spray wax" at automatic car washes.

My recommendation is to stick with the quality products out there. For me I use "Mothers" on my daily drivers and "Zaino Bros" on my classic. I can't really declare that Zaino is any better than some of the other quality products, but I like the ease of application and no dried residue in emblems and body jambs.

Good luck pal.

------------------
ACES #4241, TC #947
69 SS Sedan

[This message has been edited by Don_lightfoot (edited 06-03-2001).]

·
Premium Member
2,476 Posts

·
Banned
269 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Zaino afficianado here. The wax is excellent, applies easy, looks great and lasts a long time. They all are time consuming to apply, but its the only way to get it right.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Zaino here, and I echo what Don said...ease of application and no residue.

A long time ago I bought that Durashine and tried it. Don't waste your money...my bottle has been sitting for about 5 years now collecting dust after I used it one time. Hard to remove and what appeared to be a light haze left on the car as I recall

Use a good car wash product that cuts the dirt and not the shine and take the time to put a nice coat of wax/polish of either of those mentioned above or the many others on the market. It will be a much improved shine and appeal than Durashine.

Mytmouse

------------------
67 SS396 350HP 4 sp 3:55 Posi Butternut Yellow w/Black Vinyl
68 RS Z/28 302 350+Hp? 4sp 4:10 Posi, Euro Red on Black
70 SS396 350HP 4 sp 3:55 Posi, Black on Black

Mytmouse A.K.A. Robert Stacho
ACES Member # 04359

·
Registered
293 Posts
Rich, I saw the same ad. I even wrote down the phone number (which I never ever do). It did look pretty nice (if it actually works as advertised). They weren't shy about side by side comparos with brands like Zymol either. Looks like this stuff might be worth a try.

------------------

Mark
1970 SS454 LS6 (nom)
-------------------------
"Those who would sacrifice their freedom to achieve a measure of 'safety' deserve neither freedom nor safety."

·
Registered
425 Posts
Is the DuraShine stuff still available??? I bought some of it 5-6 years ago but can't find it in the stores anymore. Use it on our 92 Safari van and 94 Buick Regal that my daughters drive. I like it for use on a daily driver. Easy to put on ( can put it on everything ) and just rinse off. It also seem that dirt doesn't stick to it very well because my daughters car always looks clean after it rains.

I also used it on the Knock-off wheels on my 65 Vette since they are very difficult to wax.

Also requires the special wash that come with it.

I think it's great for daily drivers.
Let me know how to order more of it.

------------------
Bill Taylor
TC Gold Member #73
December 1999 Feature Car
www.chevelles.com/feature/december99.htm
www.chevelles.com/showroom/BillTSS70-2
www.chevelles.com/showroom/leaves2
http://www.chevelles.com/showroom/65vette.jpg

·
Registered
293 Posts
Yes. I caught the end of an infomercial on Speedvision this weekend. I thought it was a new product since I've never heard of it before. Apparently it's made by Duralube. I have the phone number at home if you need it.

------------------

Mark
1970 SS454 LS6 (nom)
-------------------------
"Those who would sacrifice their freedom to achieve a measure of 'safety' deserve neither freedom nor safety."

·
Premium Member
2,663 Posts
Wow. You guys all seem to think that zaino is the best, and I have never heard of it. I have been using mothers products. Anyone know who sells zaino products up here in Canada?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Info only, I was going to buy some of this stuff from Pep Boys and the girl behind the counter advised against it. She said a lot of people return the product and some claim it has ruined the paint on thier cars. I never used it myself.

·
Premium Member
2,476 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.