Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 65 Chevelle SS (327). What is the best brand of U-Joint you can buy?
Need to replace mine, so I might as well put in the best..
Thanks,
Jack

·
Registered
111 Posts
Jack, I'm not sure if there're the best, but I have Lakewoods brand in my 66. They don't have grease fittings to add strength. If you need the strength there're the type. Other than that the regular replacement type with the grease fittings (greased every oil change) will last a long time. They do for me in all my other vehicles. Good Luck, Rick

·
Registered
124 Posts
spicer brand are very good u-joints you can get them with or with out grease fittings

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
I have the Lakewood solids which are kinda pricy. If I had to do it again I would use the Spicer Ujoints.

------------------
Mike Crosby
MCC #349 ACES #2334, TC Gold #64

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just have a slightly modified 327 so I don't know if strength is much of a problem.

I knew guys were using different namebrands and thought maybe for a few bucks more,I should put a quality set in there. I think I'll check the prices on those brands you guys mentioned.
Thanks for the replys.
Jack

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
I'd try to get ones with angled grease fittings for the rear. If you don't you have to disconnect it from the rear end to grease it.

------------------
Pat Kelley
66 & 67 El Caminos

W

·
0 Posts
I would bet that the famous Lakewood joint, a division of Mr. G, is made by Dana/Spicer or TRW. They don't make jack, just package stuff and add a big mark up.

------------------
Wally
Gold #67
67 malibu

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I looked everywhere for the spicer u-joint.
Finally found them at NAPA. They aren't named spicer, but come from the parent company (forgot the name) of spicer and boxed in the NAPA box. Very confusing....

Jack

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.