Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently in the process of purchasing a 572 for a 1970 Chevelle SS clone. Needing advice on the best 5 or 6 speed manual tranny. This is for a complete new build.

·
Premium Member
1,370 Posts
Jon - I just talked to Jody today.....super guy....love the sound of the tranny too and just posted a request for those who have the LGT700 to tell me what they think about it.... do you have 3.73 rear gear and 496? What OD did you select? Did it take a long time for delivery? What clutch did you select, etc? Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,554 Posts
I have a 3.73 rear and I am running a 454. I will say the delivery time was more than we expected(5 months total), but that was 2 years ago so I hope that the delay issues have been figured out. All things considered it was well worth the wait. I have a McLeod clutch, throw out bearing combo. I don't remember what my OD choices were, but I really took Jody's recommendations for everything including clutch and he set me up good.

I have to say this is the smoothest shifting transmission I have ever used. My old car had both a Muncie and a TKO, both of them were good, but this seems to just drive better.

·
Premium Member
1,554 Posts
I haven't driven my car since new years, but I don't think I had any noise. And if there was it was minimal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts