Team Chevelle banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for a ~stockish car.

IMO, of course. ;)

I've been viewing this vid for a long time just to listen from time to time. Thought I'd share it. Eh, maybe it's a members car or perhaps it's already been posted? :confused:

I want to get close to this sound, but don't want to pay 1500-2500 on headers and x-pipe from KOOKS. A sponser here (BSM) has a complete Magnaflow kit w/ x pipe for a good price. I think I'm gonna go for it. Hope it makes me happy. :beers:

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
If ya notice in the vid the tailpipes follow the body line in the back which makes them angle up in the back (they don't come out level).....I've used those Magnaflow's in 3"....sound great at idle.....super loud when your on it....to each his own tho :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Little less talk and a lot more exhaust, please.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Car sounds good...
Ulysses,it doesn't cost $1500/$2000 for that! Dynomax coated headers are about $300-$400 and a stainless steel Magnaflow 2.5" X pipe system w/mufflers is $500
If someone went with a complete KOOKS set up, it would. ;) They're pricey, but their work is top notch.

I'm going with Hedmans 68198 and the Magnaflow system you mentioned.

I also noticed the tailpipes facing upwards. I love the sound.

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
If someone went with a complete KOOKS set up, it would. ;) They're pricey, but their work is top notch.

I'm going with Hedmans 68198 and the Magnaflow system you mentioned.

I also noticed the tailpipes facing upwards. I love the sound.

unless the owner wanted those tailpipes pointing UP its not :noway: Look closely..... the header pipes and mufflers aren't even in the stock location where they go in the muffler and EVERYTHING is hanging too low.....if its done right you shouldn't see any pipe from the side.....if one of my shops did that kinda work I'd make em re-do it.....$1500....puuuuleeeeze :noway:

·
Premium Member
6,171 Posts
I've got that magnaflow stainless system with x-pipe on my car, I think it sounds pretty bad-azz.

Just listened to the vid, pretty much exactly how mine sounds.

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
I think it sounds nice. As for the location of the pipes and the angle of the tailpipes, I pretty sure it doesnt contribute to the actual sound of the exhaust.

·
Premium Member
6,171 Posts
I think it sounds nice. As for the location of the pipes and the angle of the tailpipes, I pretty sure it doesnt contribute to the actual sound of the exhaust.
I can agree with that, mine dumps before the axle and under the car and sounds the same as that, well from how it sounds in an internet video anyway.

Magnaflow has videos posted on their website, I think they are better quality.

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
my tails angle up, i guess my car is trash too.
oh well. thats what ya get for a 200 dollar home exhaust..

aaron

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Nobody said it was trash. Your car of the one in the video. I just think everyone who commented was pointing out that if one were to try to copy the factory look and style that this one is off by a bit. Im sure coming from Kooks, its of the highest quality. Its just not a stock appearing exhaust, I ugess more ofa performance exhaust style....Just my $.02

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
my tails angle up, i guess my car is trash too.
oh well. thats what ya get for a 200 dollar home exhaust..

aaron

Certainly didn't mean to Offend.......ALL Chevelle's are great :yes:...the car in the video looks nice and sounds good......my point only was that if your charging (or payin) $1500-$2000 for an exhaust system (and I have no idea who Kook's is???)...it better be flawless and absolutely PERFECT....no question (unless the customer wanted it that way)....thats it.....didn't mean to bunch anyone's panties :noway:

·
Registered
7,577 Posts
If you're spending that much, get a Gardner or go home.

And for what it's worth, my sbc sounds better than that.

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
Nobody said it was trash. Your car of the one in the video. I just think everyone who commented was pointing out that if one were to try to copy the factory look and style that this one is off by a bit. Im sure coming from Kooks, its of the highest quality. Its just not a stock appearing exhaust, I ugess more ofa performance exhaust style....Just my $.02
Certainly didn't mean to Offend.......ALL Chevelle's are great :yes:...the car in the video looks nice and sounds good......my point only was that if your charging (or payin) $1500-$2000 for an exhaust system (and I have no idea who Kook's is???)...it better be flawless and absolutely PERFECT....no question (unless the customer wanted it that way)....thats it.....didn't mean to bunch anyone's panties :noway:
lol, didnt mean to get your guys worked up or worried. i was just being smart.

i actually like the look of it following the body, but i like it even better if the tails are TUCKED under the trunk and behind the quarter so all you see is the tips.

yes i agree if your paying more than 400 bucks for an exhaust, it sure as hell better fit.
my corsa on my trans am new was 900 bucks ( i got it used for 50), and it fits like STOCK!

aaron

1 - 20 of 22 Posts