Team Chevelle banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering what would be the best setup for my Chevelle? I have a 1971 Chevelle with a 350 engine that puts out 350H and a turbo 350 transmition. I am not sure what gear is in the rear end but its not good, and thats what I was looking to find out is what I should put in it. I dont want it to wind out on the inerstate but I want it to be quick off the line also. What should I do :confused:

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
The only way to get the best of both is to install an overdrive transmission. You will have to give up one or the other with the transmission that you have now. You can't have both. It will either be quick or it will drive good on the highway. You could go with a 3.08 and get a little performance from it and pretty good drivability on the highway. You could go with a 3.42 or 3.55 and get a little quicker, but higher RPMs on the highway.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
I installed a powertrax lock-rite in my 10 bolt. Price was around $370.00. Installed in about 2.0 hours working by myself. Seems to work just fine. It will feel slightly different that a regular positraction rear end.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts