Chevelles.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in need of a new dash and engine wiring loom. The prior owner of my car was a hack (and that is putting it mildly!). I hate to fork out the big bucks for a new loom but in my mind, it is cheap insurance versus other possible outcomes.

Who makes the best reproduction wiring looms? These are pretty pricey so I want to be sure I'm getting my money's worth.
Thanks in advance guys!

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
M and H Fabricators I just installed another harness of theirs in a 60 'Vette. Will customize it if you need to.
Internal regulated Alt & 1 wire Under cap HEI module. Mand H

·
Registered
459 Posts
My guess is that M&H will be the choice of majority here. I did just get two harnesses thru one of the larger aftermarket vendors and those harnesses were actually from Factory Fit (www.factoryfit.com I believe is their site). i was very pleased with the Front Lighting Harness, as it matched well, was wrapped nicely and had the mounting clips in exact position as original. The first Engine Harness I got was mislabeled/mispackaged as it had the wiper harness in wrong place, and wires wouldn't reach motor. It was replaced by one that fit the car. I'm not sure if that should be counted against supplier or manufacturer. (As I've posted elsewher, supplier stated they'd never had one come back.) They also built the engine harness to fit HEI, which I'd switched to, which I know will lose me points in a concours competition, but since I don't plan on entering any, I figured it'd be cleaner to have a new harness set up with HEI wiring instead. I've not gotten engine back yet, so don't know if it works or not. Factory Fit did give good email technical assistance on the harness that didn't fit.

I also read a post that M&H would custom fabricate a harness with the right clips for the sending units, which appears to be an ongoing "issue". I never asked Factory Fit if they'd do that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts