Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, the wife did the unthinkable this morning backing out of the garage. She had her door half open and caught the rear molding of the Chevelle. It mangled the wheelhouse trim strip, but no damage to the paint and nothing bent on the quarter panel. Guess in a way was my lucky day,could have been worse! Am starting to look around the web to replace it. Any suggestions on who's got good stuff or who sells junk ? I have had good luck in the past with NPD and bad luck with OPGI and Ecklers. Anyone stand out in this area ? Thanks

Ted

·
Registered
1969 Chevelle 2 Door Sport Coupe Malibu COPO clone
5,668 Posts
:cool: Funny you should ask: I just today received a brand new set of Wheelwell Moldings for my 1969 Chevelle Malibu. They are made for/by Classic Headquarters and they are a GM Licensed Restoration Part. I'd originally seen them in the Ground Up catalog, but G.U. is out of them and the Customer Service Representative I spoke with didn't known when (or if) G.U. would get any in stock. Instead I ordered them off eBay (always a dice roll).

I haven't installed them on the 'Bu yet (it's like minus 0 degrees here and the wind chill is -20) but the quality of the moldings is obviously quite good. The aluminum is a better grade (thickness) and they're nicely finished.

A nickel short of two Franklins (including shipping) and well worth it (I'm really tired of carp parts and all the other reproduction wheelwell moldings I've seen are poor quality.

68-69 CHEVELLE WHEEL OPENING MOLDING SET - OE STYLE

Since you only need one you may have to try eBay for a NOS single...

PS There used to be a company called DoorPal that sold an inflatable air mattress type protector that hung from the ceiling of the garage and goes between your car and hers and prevents door dings. You could just hang an air mattress between the cars...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts